Hiring a business coach is a great decision, one that can take your struggling business into huge success or take your business off a plateau you’ve been stuck on.
But what if you thinks it’s not working out with your coach, what signs do you look for and what do you do?
- You’ve hired a coach that you can’t get a hold of, doesn’t return your phone calls or emails in a timely manner, or is just not the most responsive. You need your coach to organize their time well, or they will not be able to help you when you need it.
- Your coach is not being blunt and helping you stay on schedule, contacting you at specific milestones, or holding you accountable when they need to.
- Your coach is not asking the right questions, or having solutions to your business’s problems. They should be asking about procedures and methods, by not asking these questions they are not trying to understand how you work or what you want to change.
- Your coach seems overloaded and rushed when they do get in contact with you. You feel like they aren’t taking the time that they need to with you or your business. Maybe they are struggling because their expertise was over stated, or they misstated their strength in the industry.
- Their own business is not doing well. Either they are not as good a leader as they said they were, or they’re in over their head with everything they are trying to do.
It can be difficult to realize that the business coach you have enlisted to help you might not be the best fit. Unfortunately, this means a hard conversation with your coach, try to work things out with them first. But if it doesn’t seem to be working for both of you, it may be best to move on.